Saturday, February 18, 2012

saving on the wedding gown

pic courtesy of Christine Luci-Bautista
Wedding gown is the most expensive dress that a woman would ever buy and wear. Unless, of course, if it's a gift whereas, you're one of the lucky few.

The word "expensive" is relative here. It really depends on how far you're willing to go as far as this area is concerned.

From the get-go, I already told myself that I won't splurge on the gown since I'll just be wearing it for a few hours. Believe it or not, but my budget for my dress was only 5-8k. That is my benchmark. At the most, I'm willing to go up to 10k but no more than that.

I know that finding the perfect dress with this budget will be a challenge. Since we've been planning for the wedding for almost two years, I was able to come up with some ideas to save on THE wedding dress.

  1. Scour Divisoria - Divisoria is the haven for everything budget-friendly, including wedding stuff. Unlike before, most of Divisoria's shopping buildings such as 168, 199 and Tutuban now houses shops for weddings. Gowns, Barongs, and entourage dresses abound by the color, design and material. Most of the shops also have their own seamstress who can be paid to sew a personal design.
  2. Scour Malls - Some department store like Rustan's in Glorietta have a bridal section. Since my idea of a gown leans on the formal, evening stlye, I was also able to try on a lot of dresses off-the-rack that would pass off as a wedding gown. Recommendations would be Rustans, Landmark, SM dept. store (megamall) and Robinsons Galleria, Crosssings and The Ramp.
  3. Boutiques - while on the mall, I also dropped by some boutiques that carry evening wear to have a look.
  4. Have it sewn - poring through tons of magazines and websites, I finally found the dress that I wanted. I planned on having it sewn by a seamstress since I want to incorporate various accents from different designs.

In the end, there's really no need to break the bank to look like a princess on the big day. All it takes is some creativity and a whole lot of research.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com