Saturday, April 28, 2012

musings about love and marriage..

photo credits by: Alvin
Most, if not all of our suppliers were friends. More than the low rates, it's because we know that their hearts are in the right place and that, just like us, they would also strive to make our wedding a success.

A well-written prose by our friend and emcee,  Kimboy Uy.

Yesterday, I did something I never expected I would do: host a wedding. I have never been a fan of weddings; just a fan of good relationships. And since I was a fan of my friends', I did so anyway, wholeheartedly.

I think marriages are there just to satisfy the demands of the society. I always argue that marriage to me is an optional activity albeit I don't stop people from doing so. It is, at an
y rate, a fun activity - stomach-satisfying too. Still I say that the foundations of a good relationship rests beyond any contract people enforce to "bind" two people together.

Regardless of my negative view on marriages, I am happy at how Chi and Eric found their way together. I am a fan of their love and I am certain they will be together even if all marriage contracts are suddenly deemed invalid.

For me, love is like a game of lottery. You choose the same numbers all the time not because you know for sure that those numbers are going to hit the jackpot. The jackpot prize is just secondary, if at all important. You choose to play the same numbers day after day because no matter how many times those numbers have not given you the millions, you are willing to risk the next day and still see the set of numbers perfect.

In the same way that it is perfectly OK for you to see the same person with the same bad breath in the morning equipped with the same satisfied feeling and confidence that another day with him/her is not bad at all, or even better.

When one chooses to be with another person, as how he chooses to bet on the same set of numbers over and over again, I believe that the easiest way to stay afloat in the wavy journey of love is to see that the numbers themselves are not necessarily perfect. But you have all the means to make them perfect for you all the time.

01-02-03-04-05-06. These are my lotto numbers. Might not be a winning combination, yes. But I don't mind. For my eyes they seem to be in perfect shape.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice and very interesting!
Thanks for this post!

chi said...

Glad you liked it. :D

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com