Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Coffee beans : our gifts for our godparents

Gifts for our godparents posed a tough one on us.

We wanted something that they would find useful yet also something that would speak about us. At the same time, we also wanted to avoid giving typical gifts such as wines.

The idea came when we were invited by my uncle to attend their house blessing in Batangas.

Batangas is known for its famous kapeng barako and we felt that this was the perfect gift.


kapeng barako straight from Batangas


When we were young, coffee has always been associated with the grown-ups. I can distinctly remember my mom telling me not to drink coffee because "bata ka pa, hindi ka lalaki" (you're still young, you won't grow) thinking that coffee stunts growth among children. That's why we know that they'll all like and appreciate it.

Now what does it have to do with us? Eric and I both love coffee. He prefers it cold while I usually take it hot for a quick perk-me-up. Having served in the BPO industry for quite some time, having this as a regular staple drink is inevitable.

So coffee it is and we bought 3 kilos when we visited Batangas. The next step is to find a great container to hold the precious beans.









2 comments:

susan said...

This is such a great blog post! Very good information! Appreciating the hard work you put into your site and detailed information you present. It’s awesome blog.
http://all4payday.com

chi said...

Thanks Susan! Your praises sure warms my heart. =D

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com